[Ace-users] [tao-users] [installation] having problems building ACE/TAO for vxworks.

José Rui Simões jose-r-simoes at criticalsoftware.com
Tue Jun 12 10:09:26 CDT 2007

    ACE VERSION: 5.5 and 5.5.8

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        AMD 64 3500  Suse Linux 10.2

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
        Pentium M VxWorks 6.3
        VxSim VxWorks 6.3

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:
        config-vxworks6.3,h

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:
        platform_vxworks6.3.GNU

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
        this file doesn't exist ??? Is this a problem

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
        Can't cross-compile.

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? yes
        LINKING?
            On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
        EXECUTION?
        OTHER (please specify)?

    SYNOPSIS:
        I can't cross compile ace and tao for vxworks, for the vxworks
simulator and for my pentium-m target

        I tried both methods present in the installation instructions
with no success. I tried the ACE-install.sh script which comes with the
latest beta kit with no luck either. I tried also with the autotools
build but I couldn't even specify the host. Is it possible to
cross-compile using the autotools version?
        Could somebody please help  me with some more detailed
instructions on how to build ACE/TAO for VxWorks?

    REPEAT BY:

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:

    Kind Regards

    José Rui

José Rui Simões

Junior Engineer

Critical Software, SA
Parque Industrial de Taveiro, Lote 48
3045-504 Coimbra, Portugal
Tel:+351.239 989 100 Fax:+351.239 989 119
http://www.criticalsoftware.com
jose-r-simoes at criticalsoftware.com