[ace-users] FW: Trying to adding an ACE_TTY_IO handler to the reactor.

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 15 07:34:39 CDT 2007

Hi Kim,

> That solved the issue.

Great!

> I was just wondering why handle_signal() are called rapidly.

Can you please provide more info on this, i.e., when the calls are
occurring is there any data available?

> Shouldn't it preempt the application until a character arrives at the
> COM1?

What do you mean by "it" (i.e., the Reactor) and "preempt" (i.e., the
reactor should sleep)?

> It seems like it is polling, or maybe reacting on an event related to
> the handle for the COM1 port.

I recommend you read the documentation on programming with Windows
serial ports.  I seem to recall the way of getting I/O from them is to
create an event that's associated with the serial port handle and
register *that* event with the reactor, rather than the handle itself.

Take care,