[ace-users] [installation] having problems building ACE/TAO forvxworks.

Thomas Lockhart Thomas.Lockhart at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 18 10:29:45 CDT 2007

> I've downloaded the correct sources and stated building ACE and TAO but
> now it fails when compiling with this error:
> g++    -I/home/jr-simoes/Applications/ACE_wrappers -DACE_NDEBUG
> -DACE_USE_RCSID=0 -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -D__ACE_INLINE__ -I..
> -DACE_BUILD_DLL  -c  -o .shobj/Dirent.o Dirent.cpp
> /usr/include/dirent.h: In function ‘int ACE_OS::readdir_r(ACE_DIR*,
> dirent*, dirent**)’:
> /usr/include/dirent.h:187: error: too few arguments to function ‘int
> readdir_r(DIR*, dirent*, dirent**)’

You (probably) have the wrong compiler. And definitely have the wrong
include files. You might note the complaint about /usr/include/dirent.h,
but /usr/include should not show up in your build since everything
should be coming from your VxWorks installation.

I'm not sure what your cross-compiler is called, but plain "g++" is
probably not the right thing. For my PPC targets, the compiler is called
"c++ppc". The implicit use of /usr/include in your search path is
probably coming from /usr/bin/g++.

hth

                      - Tom

--