[ace-users] Regarding ACE_Asynch_Acceptor

Krishna_Subramaniam Krishna_Subramaniam at satyam.com
Tue Jun 19 02:37:58 CDT 2007

    ACE VERSION: 5.4

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:

        Windows 2003, SP1 and the winsock version 2.0.

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):

      Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and no service pack.

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h:

      #ifdef WIN32

#include "ace/config-win32.h"

#else

#include "config-aix5.1.h"

#endif

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU
(unless

    this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual C++):

      Using Microsoft Visual C++.

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:

ACE_Asynch_Acceptor

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:

        EXECUTION

  Right now I'm unable to say if it is the application or the ACE which
is affected by the problem

    SYNOPSIS:

While using Asynchronous I/O for Sockets, the application runs for some
time, but after a while, the handle_accept method fails to accept new
connections.

I have written a TCP server using Asynchronous I/O in Windows 2003, SP1.
The server works for some time in without issues, but after sometime,
the ACE_Asynch_Acceptor::make_handler() method throws exception while
creating the handler object, though there is enough memory available in
the system. I have overridden the Asynch_Acceptor's handle_connect
method to print some log messages. I have also overridden the handler's
open and addresses method and both methods has a log message as the
first statement. This message has never got into the log file once the
issues crops up.

If anyone has got similar error, please provide me with pointer as to
where I should look into for the issues. At this point I'm unable to
tell if the error is in application or not. I'm doing similar thing as
given in the C++NP V2.

Thanks and regards,

krishnakumar

DISCLAIMER: