[ace-users] question about ACE_Dev_Poll_Reactor::owner

Eider Oliveira eider.oliveira at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:13:36 CDT 2007

The patch I sent to ace-bugs a couple weeks ago intends to make the
Dev_Poll_Reactor behave as the TP_Reactor in multi threaded
envinronments.

I'm adjusting it according to "ACE Software Development Guidelines"
and applying the Steven's suggestions before sending it again.

As it is now, I wouldn't say it will work accordingly. The same event
is sent simultaneously to several threads, possibly causing one of
these:

- out of order event handling
- events being triggered without data to be read or to write
- two threads reading the same socket at the same time. This is
(almost) easily avoidable by using mutex inside your event handler,
but is not desirable in my opinion.
- the handle_input/handle_output methods being called after
handle_close, which is bad, as resources may have been freed at that
time

[]s

Eider

--