[ace-users] the preferred solution for avoiding ACE version conflict in a dep loyed application

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jun 20 11:52:22 CDT 2007

Hi Qing,

> Thanks for your reply. I could not find the file you mentioned in the said directory.

That probably because you're looking at an old version of ACE+TAO.
Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.8 (i.e., ACE 5.5.8, TAO 1.5.8, and
CIAO 0.5.8), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.