[ace-users] ACE UDP using ACE_Asynch_Write_Dgram

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Fri Jun 22 01:07:58 CDT 2007

Hi Jojy,

> Hi All
> 	I am getting an error on the asynchronous callback after a UDP
> send (aio) using ACE_Asynch_Write_Dgram. I was suspecting some memory
> corruption and hence ran valgrind. Here is what the valgrind output
> shows me. I was wondering why it says "uninitialized byte". Is there a
> bug in ACE UDP ? As you can see, we are using ACE 5.4 on a linux box
> (IA32).

ACE 5.4 is ancient.  Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.5.8 (i.e., ACE
5.5.8, TAO 1.5.8, and CIAO 0.5.8), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit".

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.