[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] redundant component groups

Aniruddha Gokhale a.gokhale at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jun 27 11:57:27 CDT 2007

Hi Friedhelm,

> However, the biggest winner of moving towards FT using CCM would be the
> deployment and configuration tools that can automate most of the
> activities concerned with configuration/reconfiguration of FT
> capabilities to components. IN the plain CORBA world, application
> developers would have to program those capabilities themselves, while
> with the availability of deployment and configuration tools, those
> responsibilities can be shielded from the application developers.

To add to what Jai has stated, here in the DOC group we have used the
modeling tools to define what a failover group is and what its
properties are. We are in the process of enhancing DAnCE so that it can
go ahead and deploy/configure the system per the requirements.

The following paper provides some initial ideas in this space:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~gokhale/WWW/papers/isas07_lncs.pdf

ReDaC capabilities in this space is another set of challenges. As
pointed out by Jai, we need to ensure the timeliness bounds.

thanks,
andy

--
Aniruddha S. Gokhale, Asst Prof of Comp Sc & Comp Eng
Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt Univ, Nashville, TN 37235
Tel: (615) 322-8754, Email: a.gokhale at vanderbilt.edu