[Ace-users] [ace-users] Building SVN ACE on Mac OS 10.5

J.T. Conklin jtc at acorntoolworks.com
Tue Nov 6 07:52:09 CST 2007

Hi Doug,

Doug McCorkle <mccdo at iastate.edu> writes:
>> One thing I'd check is whether ACE_wrappers/ace/Signal.h is being
>> included for <signal.h>.  I believe I ran into this problem in the
>> past, and fixed it by manually modifying the Makefile.am after MPC
>> generation.  I suspect it was inadvertently lost.  Unfortunately, I
>> have no idea what I did.  It may have been a "DEFAULT_INCLUDES=" in
>> ACE_wrappers/ace/Makefile.am.
>
> Yes. That is the problem. To debug this there is a define:
>
> ACE_DONT_INCLUDE_ACE_SIGNAL_H
>
> This then showed the problem clearly. I am unable to find where this:
>
> -I../../ACE_wrappers/ace
>
> is being added to compile line in Makefile.am.

It's not being added in Makefile.am, it's being added by autoconf when
Makefile.in is generated from Makefile.am.

I've looked in past releases, and it turns out I remembered correctly.
Adding DEFAULT_INCLUDES= to ACE_wrappers/ace/Makefile.am should be all
that's needed.

Can you add it at the same place CLEANFILES =, lib_LTLIBRARIES =,
etc. are now and let me know how it goes?

    --jtc

--
J.T. Conklin