[Ace-users] [ace-users] Problem with ACE proactor framework

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Nov 13 13:25:41 CST 2007

Hi Barzon,

> I have a little question with using Proactor framework in a linux platform.

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

In addition, to ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler
information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem
report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
ACE+TAO developer team will be able to answer your question.
Naturally, we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE+TAO
user community who can respond to questions that they have the answers
to.