[Ace-users] [ace-users] Problem: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ACE_Cached_Allocator' with no type

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Wed Nov 21 14:15:40 CST 2007

Hi

> Johnny, thanks for response.
>
> 1. I did not compiled this source with MSVC. I do not have ACE
> customized and compiled for WinXP, but only for VxWorks 6.4. My target
> machine runs VxWorks 6.4.
> 2. This code was compiled successfully before under VxWorks 5.5.1 with
> Wind River - supplied GCC 2.96.

But probably with an older ACE version

> 3. After removing the #include <vxworks.h> directive, I've got the
> same errors.
> 4. Additionally, I have tried to declare and instantiate a STL vector
> instead of ACE_Cached_Allocator - the code was compiled without any
> problem.

Make sure you explicitly include all files for all ACE types. We can test
this at our side with VxWorks 6.4, but only as part of our commercial
support services, see www.theaceorb.nl. The VxWorks port is tim consuming
and costly, we don't deliver free support. See also our website for what we
offer to sponsors.