[Ace-users] [ace-users] Changing the reactor of a svc_handler

ZXERASOGE002, Ext ext.zxerasoge002 at astrium.eads.net
Thu Nov 29 03:24:15 CST 2007

Hi,
I would like to do the following, can you tell me if the idea is correct, risky or even impossible ?

I have a subclass of Svc_Handler, which is bound to a reactor. At some point, I would like to affect it to another reactor, which is running in another thread. To do this, I would first detach the handler from the first reactor with Reactor::remove_handler( myhandle, ALL_EVENTS_MASK | DONT_CALL), pass a pointer on my handler to a second thread through a message queue, and then reattach the handler to the second reactor using Reactor::register_handler( myhandle, oldmask).

Is this a correct way to change my handler of thread/reactor ? Are there any potential problem I should be aware of while doing this ?

regards,

---
Philippe David
SOGETI High Tech

Ce courriel (incluant ses eventuelles pieces jointes) peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou protegees ou dont la diffusion est restreinte. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, vous ne devez ni le copier, ni l'utiliser, ni en divulguer le contenu a quiconque. Merci d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur et d'effacer ce courriel de votre systeme. Astrium decline toute responsabilite en cas de corruption par virus, d'alteration ou de falsification de ce courriel lors de sa transmission par voie electronique.

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.