[Ace-users] [tao-users] How to Build ACE+TAO with Visual Studio 6

lalita1962 lalita1962 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 29 22:48:07 CST 2007

I am a new user of TAO.

I have obtained, configured, and built ACE and TAO on Windows with
Visual C++ as per the instructions in the TAO FAQ.

For this I have downloaded ACE+TAO-1.5a_with_latest_patches.zip from
http://download.ociweb.com/TAO-1.5a/. I have used Microsoft Visual
C++
7.1 for building (using the solution file:%TAO_ROOT%
\TAO_ACE.sln).

I am interested in using Visual Studio 6 for my development.Is it
possible for me to use VC++6.0 for my further project
development after having built ACE+TAO as described above?

If not, which version of ACE+TAO should I download and how can I
build
ACE and TAO using VC++6.0. Is there any step by step procedure
available as in TPG or the FAQ

(I read in TPG 0.16 that the latest version that is supported with
Visual Studio 6 is x.5.1 and that any versions after this release
won't
build anymore with Visual Studio 6. I dont know if the version I have
downloaded is ok for build with Visual Studio 6)

Can anyone help me on this, please.

Thanks in advance.

Lalitha