[Ace-users] [ace-bugs] trying to fix an ACE hang

Greg Popovitch gpy at altair.com
Fri Nov 30 15:27:44 CST 2007

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you guys know that changing the priority of my
dequeuing thread didn't help with my deadlock issue.

However moving the "this->notify()" out of the Message_Queue's guard
scope did the trick, with no obvious ill effects, so I'll try living
with this change for a while.

I think this is a serious problem and I do agree it deserves a bugzilla
entry and a comment in the code... and probably some immediate attention
from the ACE developers :-)

greg