[ace-users] ACE: Can not be compiled on Mac OS X

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Mon Oct 1 13:07:20 CDT 2007

Douglas C. Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for using the PRF.
>

>> ACE VERSION: 5.6.1
>>
>> Apple Macbook Core duro 1.8G, 2G RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.10,
>> i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build
>> 5367)
>>

> As per
>
> http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/integrated.html
>
> I don't think we support ACE on Darwin, so I recommend you either
> upgrade to Tiger or help port ACE to Darwin.

I'm not a mac user but I think Darwin is an internal name.  10.4 is
Tiger so it should be supported.  Autoconf may not work (standard
caveats apply).  The user needs to take a look at the "Traditional
ACE/GNU Make Configuration" instructions in ACE-INSTALL.html.

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Engineer
Object Computing, Inc.