[Ace-users] Re: Singlethread servant upcall (using CSD)

Jochen Rothenbacher jochen.rothenbacher at nsn.com
Tue Oct 2 01:52:35 CDT 2007

Hi John,

(...)

> SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL policy is a POA policy. Using direct collocation
> you are bypassing the POA and therefore the single threaded strategy
> doesn't come into play. I recommend using the 'thru_poa' collocation
> strategy. Let us know if you run into any further issues.

in the meantime we found the problem. We have to use the Wait-on-Read Wait
Strategy.

The "borrowing"  of other threads by the ORB caused serious racing
conditions. I'm really wondering why this is the default when the POA is
configured with the thread policy PortableServer::SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL.

Gruß Jochen