[Ace-users] [ace-users] Problem in vxWorks6.2 porting

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Fri Oct 12 07:32:58 CDT 2007

Hi,

Thanks for using the PRF form. We strongly advice you to upgrade to VxWorks
6.3 or 6.4. The VxWorks 6.2 kernel has some major problems which are solved
in these newer versions.

Also upgrade to ACE 5.6.1, there have been a lot of issues resolved for
VxWorks. We as Remedy IT have done this port and maintain it but we only
provide commercial support for VxWorks, see www.theaceorb.nl for our
services.

Regads,

"Galit" <GalitU at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:<1192041329.124371.265380 at 22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>...
> Hello all,
>

> ACE VERSION: 5.5
>
>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> 	Solaris SUN
>
>     TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
> 	VxWorks 6.2 Pentium
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
> 	Tornado 2.2
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE
> 	config-vxworks6.2.h
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
> 	platform_vxworks6.2.GNU
>
>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION? yes
>
>     SYNOPSIS:
> 	Many defines that we need add into the macro for VxWorks 6.2 that
was
> provided with ACE.

> 	We try compile the ACE but we see that in the include files are
> includes from VxWorks 6.3 and above environment, for example
> 	up to now we see that we need define next defines:
> 		#define ACE_LACKS_DUP
> 		#define ACE_LACKS_DUP2
> 		#define ACE_LACKS_FSYNC
> 		#define ACE_LACKS_SYS_RESOURCE_H
> 		#define ACE_LACKS_STRDUP		/* Must be added in
6.4 */