[Ace-users] [ace-users] Unresolved ACE_Time_Value symbols

Stew Paddaso stew.paddaso at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:28:27 CDT 2007

ACE VERSION : 5.5.1

HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
       Intel Pentium4 - WinXP

COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
       VisualStudio 2005 (VC8)

THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
       #include "ace/config-win32.h"

I get the following link errors when I build my project:

SystemClock.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: long __thiscall
ACE_Time_Value::sec(void)const " (__imp_?sec at ACE_Time_Value@@QBEJXZ)
referenced in function "public: virtual unsigned __int64 const
__thiscall MPF::SystemClockAbs::GetTime(void)"
(?GetTime at SystemClockAbs@MPF@@UAE?B_KXZ)

SystemClock.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
ACE_Time_Value::ACE_Time_Value(long,long)"
(__imp_??0ACE_Time_Value@@QAE at JJ@Z) referenced in function "public:
virtual unsigned __int64 const __thiscall
MPF::SystemClockAbs::GetTime(void)"
(?GetTime at SystemClockAbs@MPF@@UAE?B_KXZ)

What is strange to me is that I'm using other ACE_Time_Value methods, such as:
msec
usec
operator=
operator+

but the linker is finding those symbols. Any ideas?