[Ace-users] Run ACE and test on VxWorks target

Galit GalitU at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 05:29:02 CDT 2007

ACE VERSION: 5.6.1

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Solaris

    TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
      VxWorks 6.2 / 6.4

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
    specific file, simply state which one]:

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
    use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
    (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
    C++)]:

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/
default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
[What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
         EXECUTION

    SYNOPSIS:

        I am need help with running of ACE and Tests on VxWorks target
1. On Solaris mashine
1.1. I compiled the libACE.so file according instructions.
1.2. I compiled the test of ACE
1.3. perl run_test.pl -v -o > run_test.vxworks

2. I did a next steps on VxWorks Target:
2.1. Load the ACE to VxWorks
-> ld 1, 0, "libACE.so"
value = 8888336 = 0x87a010
2.2. Checked the list of modules.
-> moduleShow

MODULE NAME     MODULE ID  GROUP #    TEXT START DATA START  BSS START
--------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
      libACE.so   0x87a010          1  0x10d9e00  0x1177ca0  0x117a2a0
value = 0 = 0x0
2.3. Load the library for tests
-> ld 1, 0, "libTest_Output.out"
value = 12404644 = 0xbd47a4
2.4 Start test ACE_Test.out
-> write(2, "\nACE_Test\n", 10);
ACE_Test
value = 10 = 0xa
-> ld 1,0, "ACE_Test.out"
value = 8906332 = 0x87e65c
-> vx_execae ace_main
"vx_execae" is overloaded - Please select:
    1: vx_execae(int (*)(...), char *, int, int,
int, ...)::ACE_MAX_ARGS
    2: vx_execae(int (*)(...), char *, int, int, int, ...)
    3: vx_execae(int (*)(...), char *, int, int, int, ...)::argv
Enter <number> to select, anything else to stop: 2

====================================
Question #1:
Which from 3 options I need to take?
In this case options 2 started some work but I have no identication if
it works or not, it is took a LONG time, so I just restarted the
target.

Maybe I am missing something in run and test the ACE?

Question #2:
After I loaded the "libACE.so", I don't need start something for start
the ACE? I don't see any task in the task's lists that started
automaticly.

In other words, help me with the instructions to run all this please !

    REPEAT BY:
[What you did to get the error; include test program or session
transcript if at all possible.  ]

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
[If available ]