[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Component stoping with Dance

Gan Deng gan.deng at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 3 10:58:18 CDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Please take a look at the tutorial about ReDaC at:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/CIAO/examples/Hello/ReDaC-Usage.html

The example about the above tutorial can be found with the CIAO release.

 >> I have looked at the deployment idl files and am guessing that to stop
 >> it I could use
 >>
 >> Targetmanager-->getManager()-->get_node_app()-->remove
 >>
 >> What is the result of this call?
 >> How is a restart performed?

The above way only provides a way to remove a component, which is
typically useful standalone components in an application, since it does
not take care of the connections with peer components.

In your case, you can use ReDaC to perform your task in two steps, i.e.,
remove the component first from the deployment plan, and then reinstall
the component into the deployment plan.

Gan