[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] Compile error with CosNotify_Service

Lothar Werzinger lothar at tradescape.biz
Tue Sep 4 20:02:39 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 18:00, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Hi,
>

> however it is strange that in
> ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs/Notify/CosNotify_Service.h
> the class TAO_CosNotify_Service inherits from TAO_Notify_Service
> but does NOT override the pure virtual method from TAO_Notify_Service

oops I did not look sharp enough. The overload is there, but it ommits the
default parameter and that is the culprit:

  /// Create the Channel Factory.
  virtual CosNotifyChannelAdmin::EventChannelFactory_ptr
    create (PortableServer::POA_ptr default_POA, const char* factory_name);

I think that the overload MUST contain the SAME default parameter in order to
work correctly.

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.