[Ace-users] [tao-users] OpenDDS problem

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) abdullah.sowayan at lmco.com
Fri Sep 14 09:37:25 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

TAO VERSION: 1.6.0
OpenDDS VERSION: 1.0

1)
Should we post such questions on TAO's users or else where?

2)
When we extract OpenDDS to a directory named OpenDDS (and yes, we do
define DDS_ROOT environment variable correctly) and generate our make
files, we get the following error message:

mwc.pl -type gnuace VLS.mwc
Using
.../5.6.0_static/ACE_wrappers/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/MPC.cfg
DDS_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
Generating 'gnuace' output using VLS.mwc

When we place OpenDDS in a directory called DDS, everything works fine.

We've gone ahead and changed all the directories of OpenDDS to be named
DDS. We thought we'd inform you about this bug.

Thanks,
Abdul