[Ace-users] Re: [tao-users] OpenDDS problem

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Fri Sep 14 11:26:11 CDT 2007

Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> TAO VERSION: 1.6.0
> OpenDDS VERSION: 1.0
>
> 2)
> When we extract OpenDDS to a directory named OpenDDS (and yes, we do
> define DDS_ROOT environment variable correctly) and generate our make
> files, we get the following error message:
>
> mwc.pl -type gnuace VLS.mwc
> Using
> .../5.6.0_static/ACE_wrappers/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/MPC.cfg
> DDS_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
> Generating 'gnuace' output using VLS.mwc
>
> When we place OpenDDS in a directory called DDS, everything works fine.
>
> We've gone ahead and changed all the directories of OpenDDS to be named
> DDS. We thought we'd inform you about this bug.

Here's what I tried:

wget
http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/previous_versions/ACE+TAO-5.6.tar.bz2
tar xjf ACE+TAO-5.6.tar.bz2
export MPC_ROOT=`pwd`/ACE_wrappers/MPC
export ACE_ROOT=`pwd`/ACE_wrappers
export TAO_ROOT=`pwd`/ACE_wrappers/TAO
wget http://download.ociweb.com/OpenDDS/OpenDDS-1.0.tar.gz
tar xzf OpenDDS-1.0.tar.gz
mv DDS OpenDDS
export DDS_ROOT=`pwd`/OpenDDS
mkdir VLS
echo '#include <iostream>' > VLS/hi.cpp
echo 'int main() { std::cout << "hi\n"; }' >> VLS/hi.cpp
echo 'workspace{' > VLS/VLS.mwc
echo '}' >> VLS/VLS.mwc
cd VLS
$ACE_ROOT/bin/mwc.pl -type gnuace VLS.mwc

Output of the mwc.pl command:

MPC_ROOT was set to /tao_builds/mitza/ACE_wrappers/MPC.
Using .../mitza/ACE_wrappers/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/MPC.cfg
CIAO_ROOT was used in the configuration file, but was not defined.
Generating 'gnuace' output using VLS.mwc
Generation Time: 0s

I didn't see any message about DDS_ROOT being undefined.  I did see the
message about CIAO_ROOT but that's expected since I didn't download CIAO.

Thanks,
Adam