[ace-users] Problem in Creating instance of Singleton class inHP UX

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Mon Sep 17 13:13:39 CDT 2007

Hi Manish,

It sounds like the needed template is not getting completely compiled.
Without more information, it's harder to say more than that.

We build/test ACE 5.5 on HP-UX 11.00 w/ aC++ 03.56 regularly - you may
want to upgrade your compiler if you can't get this resolved by
altering compilation and link settings, etc.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Would you like ACE to run great on your platform?

Willemsen
> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 7:03 AM
> To: Mann.Patidar at gmail.com
> Cc: ace-users at cs.wustl.edu
> Subject: Re: [ace-users] Problem in Creating instance of
> Singleton class inHP UX
>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for using the PRF form. Please upgrade to ACE 5.6 which you
can
> obtain from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu
>
> Regards,
>
> Johnny Willemsen
> Remedy IT
> Postbus 101
> 2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
> The Netherlands
> www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl
>
> *** Integrated compile and test statistics see
> http://scoreboard.theaceorb.nl ***
> *** Commercial service and support for ACE/TAO/CIAO             ***
> *** See http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/support.html                 ***
>
> <Mann.Patidar at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:<1190024308.556145.91470 at g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>...
> > Hi all,
> >
> >       Please find my problem [creating instance of sigleton
> class ] in
> > Problem-Report-Format.
> >
> >   ACE VERSION: 5.5
> >
> >     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
> >         HP-UX 11.00
> >
> > 	Compiler 	HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.37
> >
> > 	 ace/config.h FILE :
> > 		#include "ace/config-hpux-11.00.h"
> >

> >     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE
> > 		include
> $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_hpux_aCC.GNU
> >

> >     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
> > 	When we try to create instance on any singleton class in our
> > application,
> >

> >     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
> >       COMPILATION of application
> > [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are
> affected.]
> >

> >     SYNOPSIS:
> > [Brief description of the problem]
> > 	When We are try to create a object of singleton class
> provided by
> us,
> > compiler is giving  compilation error :
> >
> > 	 unresolved symbol static at_exit (ACE_Cleanup , void );

> > 		I think this problem occur because of static
> object does get
> > instantiate when we called ACE::init();
> > 		when we tried to get instance of singleton ,it
> will give the
> above
> > error.
> >
> > 		may be ACE_Object_Manager didnt get instantiate
> when we are
> calling
> > ACE::init();
> >

> > 	I tired few solution:
> > 		1. I added ACE_HAS_NONSTATIC_OBJECT_MANAGER in
config.h