[ace-users] compiling ACE on linux with wchar

Hayim Shaul hayim at iportent.com
Tue Sep 18 08:39:51 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 16:49 +0200, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a change to the autoconf detection for ACE_LACKS_NAMED_POSIX_SEM and
> committed it to the repo. That will be part of the upcoming x.6.1.
>
> Regards,
>
> Johnny Willemsen
> Remedy IT
> Postbus 101
> 2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
> The Netherlands
> www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

Thank you very much.

I fetched the code. It took me quite a while to compile it (following
the instruction on the web didn't work for me) but eventually I made it.

There were some errors at the test files. I personally don't care, but
an error at tests/Dirent_Test.cpp:70
    return ACE_OS::strcmp (d->d_name, TEST_ENTRY) == 0;

Looks strange to me. TEST_ENTRY is ACE_WCHAR*, but dirent.d_name is
char[]. Does that mean that readdir does not work properly with unicode?
I thought ACE should wrap dirent for that reason???

Other errors where at
tests/Dirent_Test.cpp:70
tests/Dirent_Test.cpp:244
tests/Dirent_Test.cpp:245