[Ace-users] When putq returns -1(caused by pulse), the value of ACE_OS::last_error is not correct.

hongxing777 at gmail.com hongxing777 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 03:17:29 CDT 2007

ACE version: 5.6.0
host: Windows XP SP2
compiler: Visual Studio 7.1

My class is derived from ACE_Task<ACE_MT_SYNCH>.  In another thread, I
call putq to
put message block to the message queue. When the queue is full, the
putq is blocked because
the flow control of the message queue.

Then I call pulse of the message queue,  which causes putq to return
-1 with the value of
ACE_OS::last_error() is 10058. In Windows,  it means ESHUTDOWN.

I think this error value is not suitable because the queue is not
shutdown but only pulsed.
so It's better to return EWOULDBLOCK as its value. right?