[Ace-users] Compilation of TAO fails

alexisbietti alexisbietti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:06:53 CDT 2007

Dear TAO community,

    TAO VERSION: 1.6
    ACE VERSION: 5.6

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
        Windows XP SP2

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
        MS Visual Studio 2003 .NET 7.1

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
         #include "config-win32.h"

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION? YES

    SYNOPSIS:
        The compilation of the projects TAO and TAO_Static fail
        Specifically the file Policy_Manager.pidl does not compile

        Output of the compiler:

        Invoking ..\..\bin\tao_idl on Policy_Manager.pidl
        tao-idli_PT0Oun.cpp
        ..\..\bin\tao_idl: "Policy_Manager.pidl", line 21:
redefinition
        after
use, ::CORBA::PolicyManager, ::CORBA, ::CORBA::PolicyManager
        processing Policy_Manager.pidl
        ..\..\bin\tao_idl: Policy_Manager.pidl: found 1 error
        Project : error PRJ0019: Un outil a retourné un code d'erreur
        partir de "Invoking ..\..\bin\tao_idl on Policy_Manager.pidl"

        I should mention that I removed all 'tests', 'examples' and
        'performance-tests' from the solution before compiling.

    REPEAT BY:
        Compile TAO or TAO_Static solution

    SAMPLE FIX/WORKAROUND:
        None found