[Ace-users] [tao-bugs] [autoconf] Some files are not installed

Thomas Lockhart Thomas.Lockhart at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 28 00:46:35 CDT 2007

PRF below. Here is a quick summary for 1.6.1 (and earlier, for at least
some of these)...

The following files are missing from an autoconf installation:
  tao/Policy_CurrentS.h
  tao/Policy_ManagerS.h
  tao/AnyTypeCode/Policy_CurrentA.h
  tao/AnyTypeCode/Policy_ManagerA.h
  orbsvcs/ESF/*.{h,inl,cpp}

I noticed the orbsvcs/ESF/ files a few versions ago but the other
omissions are fairly new.

                                         - Tom

    TAO VERSION: 1.6.1
    ACE VERSION: 5.6.1

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
PC, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
g++ (GCC) 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52)

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE:
 From autoconf. Included below.

    THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
N/A

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
Any user-defined IDL which includes <orb.idl>

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        COMPILATION?
Yes, application IDL can not compile.

    SYNOPSIS:
User-defined IDL which includes <orb.idl> will produce stubs and
skeletons with references to non-existent files when run through tao_idl.

The following files are missing from an autoconf installation:
  tao/Policy_CurrentS.h
  tao/Policy_ManagerS.h
  tao/AnyTypeCode/Policy_CurrentA.h
  tao/AnyTypeCode/Policy_ManagerA.h
  orbsvcs/ESF/*.{h,inl,cpp}

I noticed the orbsvcs/ESF/ files a few versions ago but the other
omissions are fairly new.

    REPEAT BY:
cd $ACE_ROOT
mkdir build