[Ace-users] [tao-bugs] How does DII report a user exception?

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Feb 5 13:33:03 CST 2008

Hi,

> >  > The Any holding return values for a DII invoke() call, contains
> tk_void
> >  > for methods returning void. APCP states in 16.3.1, that tk_void
> can
> >  > never appear as part of an any. - Well, I guess it makes perfect
> sense
> >  > in this case for the Any to hold tk_void. - But is this allowed by
> the
> >  > standard (and therefore portable)? And if so, how do I put a
> tk_void
> >  > into an any?

Yes, see section 8.3.1 of the CORBA spec (OMG document 04-03-12). It says:

The set_result operation is used to specify any return value for the call.
Unless
set_exception is called, if the invoked operation has a non-void result
type, set_result
must be called exactly once before the DIR returns. If the operation has a
void result
type, set_result may optionally be called once with an Any whose type is
tk_void.