[Ace-users] [tao-users] Prioritisation of operations ?

Steve Totten totten_s at ociweb.com
Thu Feb 7 09:08:45 CST 2008

Hello Wernke,

Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are multiple ways to do this. Make for example multiple ORBs and then
> export multiple object references. If you look at RTCorba you will find
> support for priorities, private connections, etc. We do discuss this kind of
> issues as part of our AdvTAO course.
>
>> quick question: Is there a way for a CORBA server to assign different
>> priorities to different interfaces or even to different methods within
>> the same interface? E.g. if I have an operational and an administrative
>> interface I need to make sure that the administrative functions take
>> priority over the operational ones.

As Johnny mentioned, Real-time (RT) CORBA is covered in the
Advanced CORBA Programming with TAO course (the description of
which is accessible here):

http://www.ociweb.com/education/services/descrip/dist

We also cover RT CORBA in detail in the TAO Developer's Guide,
which can be purchased here:

http://www.theaceorb.com/purchase/index.html

There are numerous tests and examples in the TAO code base that
illustrate the use of RT CORBA features, including priorities:

$TAO_ROOT/tests/RTCORBA/
$TAO_ROOT/examples/RTCORBA/

and in OCI's Distribution of TAO:

$TAO_ROOT/DevGuideExamples/RTCORBA/

I'm sure Dr. Schmidt could recommend some papers that describe
RT CORBA features, as well.

Steve