[Ace-users] [ace-users] How to build and install ace without openssl

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen at remedy.nl
Tue Feb 12 03:52:12 CST 2008

Hi,

Thanks for using the PRF form. The autoconf support is experimental and we
don't advice to use it, the autoconf support in 5.6.2 is much better but
still not up to the same level as the traditional way of compilation. With
5.6.2 you should be able to build with autoconf and exclude openssl. The
traditional way of compilation has ssl disabled by default, but there is no
install there at this moment. We would recommend you to upgrade to 5.6.2 and
try that, the term beta can be confusing, the beta's are not low quality, we
prefer to call it micro releases, see also the TAO Programmers Guide
(www.theaceorb.nl) for information regarding the different releases we have.