[Ace-users] Multiple Processes in One Application

rabryn at gmail.com rabryn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:18:55 CST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm writing a multi-threaded application that uses ACE 5.5.10 as a
statically linked library in GNU/Linux 2.6.19.  If I start the
application and then execute a ps -e | grep 'appname' I see multiple
processes running.  My question is why are threads being shown as
processes?

When I compile ACE I use the default options and just follow the
directions given in ACE-INSTALL.html under "Using the Traditional ACE/
GNU Configuration".  I'm wondering if I need to tweak a configuration
setting so that threads are used and not an entire process.

Thanks,
rabryn