[Ace-users] [Fwd: Re: PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM - nsdel syntax problem]

jeffery.fitzgerald at gmail.com jeffery.fitzgerald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:55:50 CST 2008

On Feb 22, 12:53 pm, Adam Mitz <mi... at ociweb.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>

> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Adam Mitz <mi... at ociweb.com
> > <mailto:mi... at ociweb.com>> wrote:

Adam,

Just some more info to the previous problem. My application doesn't
use nsadd to add a new binding to the Naming Service; it does it
internally as an extra argument to its main() line. But I traced
through the code in nsadd and my application, and there didn't seem to
be any glaring differences (to me anyway).

Oddly enough, when I use nsadd, ndel can sucessfully remove the
binding, but my Java client application fails to start. The naming
context successfully resolves the the name, but when I try to narrow
the returned object I get a class cast exception. And of course, the
binding added to the naming context by my application can't be
removed, but narrow() in the client succeeds.

To humour myself, I replaced the current (5.5.6) nsdel.cpp with the
5.4a version and recompiled the utility. Voila, success. I guess it
may be time to upgrade my 1.2a Developer's Guide. How current is the
1.4a documentation (http://www.theaceorb.com/product/
index.html#doc1.4a)?

Thanks.

Fitz