[Ace-users] [tao-users] _duplicate on ORB

Sumant Tambe sutambe at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jan 2 00:35:13 CST 2008

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong but one advantage of calling _duplicate over
just storing _ptr is that you can store the ORB/POA references in global
or static objects. Using _duplicate would not cause premature deletion
of ORB/POA before destructors of all static/global objects (that hold
references to ORB/POA) are finished at the end of a program. It will be
destroyed only when the last static/global object is destroyed.

Thanks,

Sumant.