[Ace-users] [tao-users] Does tao support outgoing port of client setting

Jules Colding colding at 42tools.com
Mon Jan 7 03:42:18 CST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 09:04 +0100, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> This is currently not supported. In order to do this you would need to
> have some kind of TAO specific option to specify a port range to be
> used by the connector. At this moment TAO leaves the decision which
> port to take to the OS. If you need this option you can add this
> yourself or hire a commercial support company (like Remedy IT) to add
> this for you.

Or you could use an IIOP firewall. Take a look at Lorica. It will do
what you need and more:

http://trac.42tools.net/lorica

Lorica is, as far as I know, the only OSS IIOP firewall on the planet.
It is not yet officially released, but I hope to get a message out in
the not to distant future.

HTH,
  jules