[Ace-users] [tao-users] Just a quick MPC question

Chad Elliott elliott_c at ociweb.com
Tue Jan 15 09:09:11 CST 2008

Hi Jules,

Jules Colding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to tell MPC that it should never accept the "-type automake" when
> generating output files from any of my mpc files.
>
> My top-level mwc file currently looks like this:
>

> ############################
> workspace(lorica) {
>   cmdline += -include src
>
>   src/OCI/AsynchProxyTools.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_Client.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_EvaluatorBase.mpc
>   src/lorica/lorica_GenericEvaluator.mpc
>   src/proxy/proxy.mpc
> }
> ############################
>

> So to make MPC deny making automake files, but otherwise work just like
> above, I could do this:
>
> ############################
> workspace(lorica) {
>   cmdline += -include src
>
>   exclude(automake) {
>     src/OCI/AsynchProxyTools.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_Client.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_EvaluatorBase.mpc
>     src/lorica/lorica_GenericEvaluator.mpc
>     src/proxy/proxy.mpc
>   }
> }
> ############################
>
> Right?

That will work.  However it won't stop some one from generating with the
automake type without your workspace.

Wanting to deny a particular project type has never come up before.  But
you could possibly do the following in each of your projects to ensure
that automake can't be used:

project {
  Source_Files {
    conditional(automake) {
    } else {
      *.cpp
    }
}

This assumes that each project has it's own directory and that there are
no generated cpp files.  If that isn't the case, this probably won't
work or will require explicitly listing the cpp files.

HTH,
Chad Elliott
Object Computing, Inc.