[Ace-users] [tao-users] Build error - "add_rel_link.sh" missing in action

Jules Colding colding at 42tools.com
Thu Jan 17 02:53:01 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 09:21 +0100, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > It looks OK to me. A more extensive snippet of the compilation output is
> > in the original post.
>
> The system paths are not there, maybe the linker checks them first, check
> the documentation of gcc to see if you can change that.

'-L' is passed on to the linker (ld). I've pasted the relevant
documentation in below, but the point seems to be that directories
specified with '-L' will be searched before any directories specified in
the environment which again will take precedence over any default
directories.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
  jules

The GCC documentation states:

"Note that you can also specify places to search using options such as
`-B', `-I' and `-L' (*note Directory Options::).  These take precedence
over places specified using environment variables, which in turn take
precedence over those specified by the configuration of GCC.  *Note
Controlling the Compilation Driver `gcc': (gccint)Driver."

The ld documentation says:

`-LSEARCHDIR'
`--library-path=SEARCHDIR'
     Add path SEARCHDIR to the list of paths that `ld' will search for
     archive libraries and `ld' control scripts.  You may use this
     option any number of times.  The directories are searched in the
     order in which they are specified on the command line.
     Directories specified on the command line are searched before the
     default directories.  All `-L' options apply to all `-l' options,
     regardless of the order in which the options appear.

     If SEARCHDIR begins with `=', then the `=' will be replaced by the
     "sysroot prefix", a path specified when the linker is configured.

     The default set of paths searched (without being specified with
     `-L') depends on which emulation mode `ld' is using, and in some
     cases also on how it was configured.  *Note Environment::.

     The paths can also be specified in a link script with the
     `SEARCH_DIR' command.  Directories specified this way are searched
     at the point in which the linker script appears in the command
     line.