[Ace-users] [tao-users] ACE+TAO on Windows 2008

Adam Mitz mitza at ociweb.com
Thu Jan 24 08:41:16 CST 2008

Hi Shlomi,

Shlomi Levi wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I would like to know if anyone tested the ACE+TAO (any release) on
> Windows Server 2008.
>

> I currently use ACE 5.4.6 and TAO 1.4.6 on Windows Server 2003 with no
> open issues, and I would like to know if switching to Windows Server
> 2008 should be smooth from the ACE+TAO side.

Windows Server 2008 isn't released yet.  I'm not aware of anyone trying
ACE+TAO on the beta version.  I wouldn't think there would be any issues
since the kernel is supposedly similar to Vista and ACE+TAO is running
fine on Vista.  If you'd like a formal verification of ACE+TAO on any
platform please contact one of the commercial support companies
(http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html).

Thanks,
Adam Mitz
Software Engineer