[Ace-users] [tao-users] TAO_PI vs VxWorks

Mauricio =?utf-8?Q?A=2E_Araya_L=F3pez?= maray at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Jan 28 10:13:05 CST 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to use ACE+TAO-5.6.1 on a VxWorks 6.2 Platform (over a PPC),
to do a platform comparision for my thesis (on linux is working
flawlessly).
I need to use libTAO_Messaging, but as the VxWorks ELF binary does
not support dynamic symbols, the library ask for TAO_PI symbols. This
cause a lot of probles due the "autmagical" loading of the TAO_PI (it
loads the library twice on VxWorks). To fix this I've compiled ACE/TAO
as static libraries (-DACE_AS_STATIC_LIBS -DTAO_AS_STATIC_LIBS).
The problem now is when I try to load the library:

ld < "/ACE_ROOT_VW/lib/TAO_PI"
(-1|13513520) ERROR: ORBInitializer Registry unable to find the
ORBInitializer Registry instance: S_errno_ENOTSUP

This error came from the tao/TAO/ORBInitializer_Registry.cpp at the
register_orb_initializer() function. Checking a little bit the function,
the problem is here:

TAO::ORBInitializer_Registry_Adapter *orbinitializer_registry_ =
  ACE_Dynamic_Service<TAO::ORBInitializer_Registry_Adapter>::instance
  ("ORBInitializer_Registry", true); // only look in the local repo

Because did not find the OrbInitializer registry. From here,
is very difficult to trace where the problem might be, so
any help will be very welcome.

Bye and Thanks!

--
Mauricio Araya L.