[Ace-users] [ace-users] ACE 5.4 compiling error

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jan 30 19:07:49 CST 2008

Hi,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all
questions related to TAO or ACE to the ACE mailing list or ACE+TAO
newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel frequently and
often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

> I have this question regarding ACE 5.4 compiling error and hope that you can help me out.

Please upgrade to ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.2 (i.e., ACE 5.6.2, TAO 1.6.2, and
CIAO 0.6.2), which you can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

under the heading: "Latest Beta Kit."

The DOC groups at Washington University, UC Irvine, and Vanderbilt
University only provide "best effort" support for non-sponsors for the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Thus, if you need more "predictable" help for earlier versions of
ACE+TAO, I recommend that you check out

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO commercial
support.

Thanks very much,

        Doug