[Ace-users] Any Interest in make templates for Windows

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Thu Jan 31 18:26:02 CST 2008

On Jan 31, 11:49 am, Adam Mitz <mi... at ociweb.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > "David Highley" <dhigh... at highley-recommended.com> wrote in message
> > <news:ed369b60-197c-40bb-84e9-2cef663b97f2 at s37g2000prg.googlegroups.com>...
>
> >> We have a complicated mixed platform environment and have had to
> >> develop a make process that uses the Windows Studio compiler and
> >> linker. Is there any interest in a make process that uses native
> >> Windows tools? I should probably run this question by the GNU autoconf
> >> and automake developers as well.
>
> There is already support for invoking the Visual Studio tools with
> NMake.  If you need support for GNUmake then you would have to come up
> with a platform_win32_vc8.GNU file (or similar).
>
> Thanks,
> Adam Mitz
> Software Engineer
> Object Computing, Inc.

We have a compact build process that builds the ACE, ACEXML, and
ACEXML_Parser libraries as well as a subset of TAO. The build supports
Linux, Windows VC 7.1 or 8.0, Solaris, and VxWorks 5.5.1. It uses the
native tool compiler and linker on all platforms. Windows does require
using Cygwin for a compatible shell and other support commands.
Working
on a proposal we had also done a build for LynxOS. Build process is in
four files with leaf template files located in source code
directories.