[Ace-users] [ciao-users] Generating executor implementation classes with CIDLC

Andre Muniz alnmuniz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:33:56 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm having some trouble in generating the executor implementation
classes with CIDLC for a simple application that I'm writing.
Could you please help me with it?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Here is the PRF:

    CIAO VERSION: 0.6.3
    TAO VERSION : 1.6.3
    ACE VERSION : 5.6.3

    HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
       AMD Turion 64 Mobile 2.2 GHz, 1.0 GB RAM
       MS Windows XP Professional - Service Pack 2

    COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
       MS Visual C++ 8.0 (Visual Studio 2005)

    THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE :
       #include "ace/config-win32.h"

    CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
    (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
       cidl=1
       boost=1

    AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
	CIDLC

    DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
        OTHER (please specify)?
	My Application

    SYNOPSIS:
	CIDLC gives "invalid string literal format".

	I'm trying to write my own application, as simple as the StockQuoter
tutorial, but when I try to compile my cidl files, I get the following
error:

error: invalid string literal format
5: error: unable to derive any token from '"'
Environment.idl:5: before '__qinclude': declaration or include
directive expected
Environment.cidl:14: error: invalid implements specification
Environment.cidl:14: error: no home with name
'MyExample::EnvironmentHome' visible from scope '::Environment_Impl'

	My cidl file is almost the same as the StockDistributor.cidl from the
StockQuoter tutorial.

    REPEAT BY:
	The error occurs every time I try to run CIDLC to generate the
executor implementation classes for my cidl files. But it works when I
do it for the StockQuoter cidl files.

Best regards,

Andre Muniz
alnmuniz at gmail.com