[ace-users] ACE/TAO 6.3.3/2.3.3 RPMs available!

Douglas C. Schmidt schmidt at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Sep 21 06:48:27 CDT 2015

Hi Muthuvel,

>I am using ACE_wrappers in MinGW environment.
>The NT_Service example is not working.
>
>Input/output error  for -i option
>Could not connect service manager  for -s option
>

>Can you give some pointer to figure this out.

To ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler information,
please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form
(PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE, TAO, CIAO, and DAnCE.  Make sure to include
this information when asking any questions since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
very error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.  If you don't use
the PRF, therefore, it is less likely that someone from the core
developer team will be able to answer your question.  Naturally, we
encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE, TAO, CIAO, and
DAnCE user community who can respond to questions that they have the
answers to.

Please note, moreover, that the DOC group at Vanderbilt University
only provides "best effort" support for non-sponsors who are using the
latest release, as described in

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

Therefore, please make sure you are using ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE x.3.1
(i.e., ACE 6.3.1, TAO 2.3.1, CIAO 1.3.1, and DAnCE 1.3.1), which you
can download from

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu

If you need more "predictable" help or need help for earlier versions
of ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE please see

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE
commercial support.

Electrical Engineering and Computer Science  TEL: (615) 294 9573
Nashville, TN 37203                          NET: d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu