[ace-users] ACE port to zOS

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Thu Feb 11 12:52:34 CST 2016

It appears that the config.h and platform_macros.GNU files were removed in January 2011. These were last used for OS/390 by the looks of the comments in the last versions I have locally. I have attached the config-mvs.h and platform_mvs.GNU files from ACE 6.0, the last release they were included in. It's probably a decent starting point.

When you get something working, please open a Bugzilla entry and attach the new files (probably by then they'd be config-zos.h and platform_zos.GNU) if you'd like them to carry forward for new versions. If you also have the capability to run ACE builds and regression tests periodically (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) and include those results on the build scoreboard[1], that would be a terrific way to ensure you are not surprised by changes that are made in the future.

Good luck!

-Steve

[1] http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/