[ace-users] ACE SSL Socket server with StartTLS method

Chaganti, Suresh [AUTOSOL/PERS/SNG] Suresh.Chaganti at emerson.com
Mon Oct 25 08:58:38 CDT 2021

Hi All,
I created a simple TCP Server with ACE Library, I can receive the client connection and receive data as well.
Now, I want to convert the same connection to SSL Connection. (STARTTLS method ) first request as tcp connection after response convert the tcp socket to ssl socket

  *   Open Socket with ACE_SOCL_Acceptor, ACE_SOCK_Stream
  *   After receive the first request and responded,  use the following steps to convert the ssl socket
     *   use the ACE_SSL_SOCK_STREAM.set_handle(ACE_SOCK_STREAM.get_handle())
     *   Invalidate the ACE_SOCK_Stream.set_handle(INVALID_HANDLE)
     *   Call ACE_SSL_ACCEPTOR::ssl_accept() call to SSL Hand shake process.
     *   I have problem in failing ACE_SSL_ACCEPTOR::acecept() call
Please share me the information, if the above process is incorrect!
And share me the steps to follow to convert he ACE_SOCK_Stream handle to ACE_SSL_SOCK_Stream handle
Thanks
Suresh