ACE installation

Schmidt, Douglas C d.schmidt at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Nov 23 09:06:49 CST 2022

Hi,

Thanks very much for your email.  Please make sure to send all

questions related to ACE, TAO, CIAO, or DAnCE to the appropriate

mailing list or newsgroup, rather than to me directly since I travel

frequently and often don't have ready access to email.  See

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/ACE-mail.html

for more info on how to access these resources.

In addition, to ensure that we have proper version/platform/compiler

information, please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem

report form (PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

Make sure to include this information when asking any questions since

otherwise we have to "guess" what version/platform/compiler/options

you've using, which is very error-prone and slows down our

responsiveness.  If you don't use the PRF, therefore, it is less

likely that someone will be able to answer your question.  Naturally,

we encourage and appreciate other members of the ACE, TAO, CIAO, and

DAnCE user community who can respond to questions that they have the

answers to.

If you need more predictable help or need help for earlier versions of

ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE please see

for a list of companies that will provide you with ACE+TAO+CIAO+DAnCE

commercial support.