[tao-users] Format of corbaloc:uiop

Milan Cvetkovic milan.cvetkovic at mpathix.com
Mon Apr 25 17:06:59 CDT 2016

Hi TAO,

what is the correct format of corbaloc IOR for UIOP?

I am trying 'corbaloc:uiop:/tmp/randesvous|OBJ_KEY', but in that case
_narrow() throw OBJECT_NOT_EXIST...

More details bellow, thanks, Milan.

     TAO VERSION: 2.3.3
     ACE VERSION: 6.3.3

     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM:
         Linux debian 7

     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: config-linux.h
     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE:
         platform_linux.GNU

     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: TAO/Strategies/UIOP_Connector.cpp

     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
         EXECUTION? YES

     SYNOPSIS:
        Cannot establis client connecttion to a server using
        corbaloc:uiop reference

I run a server, which 'listens' on UIOP socket, for example, using
-ORBListenEndpoints uiop:///tmp/endpoint

The client uses the following snippet to invoke a function on server:

CORBA::ORB_var orb = CORBA::ORB_init (argc, argv);
CORBA::Object_var o = orb->string_to_obj (str);
CORBA::MyObj_var myo = MyObj::_narrow(o);
myo->invoke ();

When using uioploc:///tmp/endpoint|OBJ_KEY, MyObj::invoke() is properly
invoked.

If I try to use 'corbaloc:uiop:/tmp/endpoint|OBJ_KEY', _narrow() above
throws 'OBJECT_NOT_EXIST'. Tracing with -ORBDebugLevel 10 reveals that
instead of object key 'OBJ_KEY' client is looking for '|OBJ_KEY'.