[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] Question about creation of facet servant and executor

William R. Otte wotte at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Aug 16 16:12:14 CDT 2007

Hi Abdul -

On Aug 16, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Sowayan, Abdullah (N-DUA) wrote:

>> Right now, the servant code caches the first result of get_foo_facet,
>> so each connection will be served by a common facet executor.
>
> Hmmm, that seems counter intuitive to me. Is this spec compliant or
> CIAO-specific behavior?

I agree - I was about to fire off a reply that was nearly identical
to yours, but I decided it best to check the generated code first ;-)

Insofar as I know, it is an implementation decision - I don't think
the spec says one way or the other.  It would be a relatively simple
matter to patch this into CIDLC, if someone were so inclined.

Thanks,
/-Will