[Ace-users] [tao-users] Event Service and Consumers/Suppliers with persistent IORs

Markus Debusmann markus at ast.dfs.de
Wed Aug 22 07:44:46 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the use of the Event Service in combination
with consumers/suppliers that use persistent IORs.

My principal idea was to use consumers/supplier with persistent IORs in
order to prevent a multiple registration of a consumer/supplier crashed.
When restarted the reregistration results in a lot of exceptions when
the Event Service is trying to sent out consumers which not valid anymore.

Although the IORs of consumers/suppliers are persistent the Event
Service handles them as a registration of a new consumers/suppliers. In
case of consumers, this results in receiving all events twice. This
proves to me that both IORs are still valid. But for some reason the
Event Service does not throw an 'AlreadyRegistered' exception when
reregistering after a crash.

I worked around this using transient IORs and letting the Event Service
monitor broken links. This does very much the same except that the ES
needs one exception to notify that the llink is broken.

I wonder why my approach using persistent IORs does not work.  Has
someone similar experience?

Kind regards
Markus