[Ace-users] Re: [ciao-users] mulitple facet ports

Krishnakumar B kitty at dre.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Aug 27 15:24:59 CDT 2007

Hi Eric,

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 01:29:08 PM -0500, Eric C Conner wrote:
> In the CCM multiple receptacle ports are explained in detail in terms of
> creating the Connections sequence and adding the get_XXXXConnections
> operation to the context interface.  However for multiple facet there is
> no such detail as to what you do there.  Is that because multiple facet
> ports for an iterface is just a bad idea?  Or is there no standard to
> doing it?  Has anybody had to do multiple facet ports and come up with a
> good way of implementing it?

No, I think there is some confusion between "multiplex" receptacles and
multiple receptacles.  CCM defines two kinds of receptacles: Simple and
Multiplex.  A simple receptacle connects to a single Facet.  A "multiplex"
receptacle connects to more than one receptacle.  In order for a component
implementor to get hold of all the facets that a multiplex receptacle is
connected to, CCM defines an operation get_XXXConnections on the
component's context.

You can have any number of facets within your component.  None of the facet
operations are defined on the component context.  You can get hold of a
facet of a component using the provide_* operations of a component.

Hope this helps.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at dre dot vanderbilt dot edu>
Institute for Software Integrated Systems, Dept. of EECS, Vanderbilt University